Saturday, June 09, 2007

Bordello of Glib

This is Dennis Miller, dysthymic one-time comedian, part-time pundit, and full-time court jester, explaining his core sociopolitical principle to Bill O'Reilly.

Whorehouse of Hack Horrors
"Well, listen, I must say that I never considered myself a secular-progressive. I know you're familiar with that mindset. Sec-prog is what I call them. I didn't consider myself that then, and I don't consider myself to be Curtis LeMay now, but I have always thought of myself as a pragmatist, and I began to see a degree of certitude on the left that I find unsettling. I don't like lock step, even if it's lock step about being open-minded."
How fatuous is that?

Suitably fatuous for this gig.
Dennis Miller has signed on to host his first gameshow, "Grand Slam," an eight-episode series to kick off on Game Show Network August 7.

[h/t Rising Hegemon]


UPDATE John King, pinch-blogging for The Rude Pundit, gets a bit upset over Dennis Miller's quippy dismissiveness about Gitmo, among other things.

No comments: