Saturday, December 17, 2005

Who is Betty Dawisha really? -- The answer.

Well, curiosity got the better of me, and I contacted Professor Adeed Dawisha via email. I (politely) asked him if he was related to the Betty Dawisha featured on FOX News.

I received an amazingly fast reply:
Yes, she is. Betty is the wife of my uncle. And my children and I have ben [sic] teasing her a lot about her comments!!
So that's that.

Now, does Betty Dawisha's appearance on FOX News as the "go to hell" Iraqi granny qualify as a FOX News Stooged Event?

I still don't know.

It makes sense that a woman from a politically active family (see previous post) wouldn't hesitate to make her thoughts public on television. Then again, the coincidence -- the television crew just happened to be there at the same time -- makes me suspicious.

And the fact that this is FOX News makes me very suspicious.

Still, I would like to publicly thank Professor Dawisha for responding to my email query.

No comments: