Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Sarah Goes Mad

On Thanksgiving, gather your slightly buzzed family and friends to play Mad-Libs, Going Rogue-style. Text is based on the first few pages of Palin’s memoir.
It was the Alaska State Fair, August 2008. With the gray Talkeeta Mountains in the distance and the first light covering of volcanic ash about to descend on Pioneer Peak, I breathed in an autumn bouquet of everything small-town America with rugged splashes of _____.

Crystal meth and foot-long _____. Reindeer _____ on a stick. _____-___ed salmonberry wine. Banjo music played. Aborted fetus posters flapped in the wafting Arctic breeze. Bristol gasped at the record-breaking giant __________ grown under the midnight sun.

Since being elected governor in 2006, I had managed to rack up _____, though I didn’t _____. To me, it signaled that Alaskans, with their _____ spirit, wanted _____ and not _____-as-usual. In the Right to Life Booth, I smiled, dropped _____ into the can, and didn’t care who might be _____, including local reporters. Alaskans knew my _____. No news there.

At that moment, _____ vibrated me back to work. I ducked behind the booth, hoping it wasn't some _____ political _____.

I punched the green _____ and moaned, This is Sarah.

It was Senator John McCain, asking if I wanted to help him change _____.

UPDATE
Click here for my fill-in answers.

Image via Fark.

No comments: