Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spots

Joe Bageant grumps about the Obama Guns, God and Bitterness media shit storm and gets some insightful feedback from a fellow citizen.
Yesterday Smokey, the apartment maintenance man next door, helped me haul a dead washing machine to the city dump. I asked him what he thought about the Obama thing.

"Huh?" he said.

He spoke for millions.
__________

I realize just how small and quiet my life has been whenever I read Connecting.the.Dots. Now the man who shared with us his painful encounters with Richard Widmark reminisces about boot-camp escapades with Zero Mostel.

__________

Create your own very special Hallmark moment. Express Mail this Hallmark card to this woman’s 18-year-old daughter and watch Mom keel over and die. (Hey, she promised!)

No comments: