Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Mute-neers

Charlie Cook via Think Progress: "There comes a point for some unfortunate presidents when the American people begin to hit the mute button; they just stop listening."

Well, can you blame us?

Here is a sample of what I blissfully missed out on by hitting the mute button as soon as Napoleon Bombapart staggered into gibberish mode.
I will say this, that after we liberated Iraq, there was questions in people's minds about the basis on which I made statements, in other words, going into Iraq. And so I decided to declassify the NIE for a reason. I wanted to see -- people to see what some of those statements were based on. So I wanted to see -- I wanted people to see the truth and thought it made sense for people to see the truth. And that's why I declassified the document….
Wow. Dubya the Noble, Dubya the Honorable, Dubya the Enlightened offered me The Truth -- but I had foolishly muted the oracle box.

Or maybe I was watching American Idol instead. I'm not sure.

No comments: