Friday, March 03, 2006

A transcendental moment for Ann Coulter

Skimming through the list of Townhall columns, I spotted this teaser for the latest Ann Coulter column:
This is my first annual Oscar predictions column, for which I am uniquely qualified by not having seen a single one of the movies nominated in any category.
My first reaction was irritation: rightwing columnists have created an entirely new genre: the anencephalic review of books, movies, plays, television shows, and art exhibits that they proudly declare they haven't read or seen and never will.

And then I wondered: Ooh, would Ann mention it? You know, that movie, the one that hits close to home.

Yes she does.

Not only that, her prediction is that the tranny performance gets the award.
I gather Reese Witherspoon is very good in "Walk the Line," but that's irrelevant -- this is the Oscars! Felicity Huffman plays a pre-op transsexual in "Transamerica." That strikes a chord in Hollywood. It's not exactly gay, but close enough! I say Huffman wins.
Interpret that any way you want to.

No comments: