Monday, January 16, 2006

It's official -- my troll has come!

At long last I have my own troll. After all this time I was secretly worried that I simply wasn't troll-worthy. But now Moshe has come into my blog life.

Everybody, say hello to Moshe.

Moshe followed me home from Confederate Yankee. I had left a comment (not a troll comment but a grown-up's blog comment complete with name, email address, and homepage URL) to a posted satirical piece, complete with goofy photo, about the assassination of Al Gore.
Former Vice President Al Gore was summarily executed by members of the Republican National Commitee just after midnight Saturday, two days before Gore was to give a speech denouncing the threat the President poses to the Constitution.

At the same time, Democratic member of Congress were rounded up by stormtroopers of the Secret Service and shipped off to concentration camps in the darkest corners of northwest Maryland.

The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, and Washington Post were closed by crack elements of the Texas Air National Guard loyal to Bush, and ABC, CBS, NBC and CNN were appointed censors reporting directly to Scott McClellan.
This was my posted comment:
I am not laughing. A couple years back, I probably would have laughed, but not now. When the real and the absurd get too close to call, humor disappears.

We have a president, a vice president, and an attorney general all goofed up on the idea of torture, open-ended imprisonment, warrantless surveillance, and much, much more.

We have a citizenry (or a portion of the citizenry) that panics when some guys of "Middle Eastern or Southeast Asian descent" try to buy cell phones in a WalMart.

The military and the CIA are getting a bit restive after being repeatedly used as scapegoats for the administration's misadventures (now that's an assassination scenario people should be concerned about).

As I said, I am not laughing.

On its own, though, the picture is a hoot.
And that's how I seduced Moshe.

No comments: