Some time ago, Desi (at Mia Culpa) tagged me with the 7 things thingy, and I have been agonizing over my responses ever since. Now with a good holiday buzz going, I'm working really hard at being spontaneous. Here goes.
7 things I cannot do
1. Parallel park
2. Spell physicist or accommodate without using spellchecker
3. Speak a foreign language (well, not anymore anyway)
4. Wear stiletto heels
5. Remember exactly how old I am when asked unexpectedly
7. Play chess
7 things to do before I die
1. Stalk French actor Jean Reno (but only if he doesn't mind)
2. Learn to tango
3. Visit Gaudi's cathedral in Barcelona
4. Travel on the Glacier Express
5. Visit the mammoth trap in South Dakota
6. Win a chess game
7. Show some cleavage
7 things I say most often
2. What was I saying?
3. Jersey's not so bad
4. What do I know
5. Time to call the Swiss consulate
6. I know I came in here for a reason
7 books that I love
1. Yellow pages/Yellow Book (seriously anthropological)
3. Chomsky, Chomsky, and more Chomsky
4. The Dangerous Husband
5. The Bedtrick (it's not what you think)
6. About a Boy/High Fidelity
7. Mapping Human History: Genes, Race, and Our Common Origins
7 movies that I watch over and over
1. Bridge on the River Kwai
2. Double Indemnity/Mildred Pierce
4. Encino Man/Blast From the Past/Bedazzled
5. Jacques Tati (all)
7 things that attracted me to blogging
1-7. How often do you get a chance to add your own marginalia to the historical record? And for free!
As for the "7 people that I want to join in too" — I'm still working on that section. I will announce the lucky designees shortly.
First Things First - Thanks to John and Adam for asking me to join the distinguished group of key-holders. I feel at home already, having had John step on one of my guest posts...