Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I’m guessing disgusting stains for $75 billion, Tim

Okay. I’ve read (1) the press release for Timothy Geithner’s PPPIP Legacy Plan (“Flounder”); as well as (2) the handy list of legacy securities terminology (no more toxemia); and (3) the requisite application forms to join in the scavenger hunt fun (Press Hard-Duplicates; Do Not Sign in Red Ink; Use Swingline Staplers Only).

I’ve read it all and I’ve reached the following conclusion: This is just a big-ticket, high-stakes version of one of those auctions your neighbor goes to at the local self-storage company when they try to unload abandoned stuff. Only this time he’s going with great big flippin’ wads of your cash in his pockets. If he’s lucky, he gets a digital television or a stereo system with undersized speakers or a stash of vintage baseball cards. If he’s not lucky, you get stuck with some disgusting stained mattresses and a crumpled old Valtrex prescription for Paris Hilton.

4 comments:

Mo MoDo said...

This is really a second chance for fat cats the missed the first round to pick at the carcass of AIG. Somebody is getting rich off all this economic chaos. but it isn't me.

©∂†ß0X∑® said...

So, Grace, what do we do here?

Are we going to vote Democratic in the next election?

Or are we going to "waste our votes" pulling the lever for some obscure third-party candidates?

I feel So empowered.

Randal Graves said...

I cannot imagine making a living at reading overblown tripe like that. Where's my copy of Green Eggs and Ham....

Anonymous said...

Dave: I'm assuming you mean the next presidential election, in which case the answer depends upon whether everybody has decent healthcare, the shadow banking system has been sliced and diced down to a manageable size and strictly regulated, Mr. Nearing has a job, and there's a mini-windmill power-generating unit in my back yard -- although the last item is negotiable.