Thursday, November 08, 2007

Snackables

Have you signed up for del.icio.us? Did you actually read the Terms of Service agreement before you clicked “I accept”? Did you read section (iv) very, very carefully? That’s the section where you agree that you absolutely will not:
(iv) use the Delicious Software to operate nuclear facilities, life support, or other mission critical application where human life or property may be at stake. You understand that the Delicious Software is not designed for such purposes and that its failure in such cases could lead to death, personal injury, or severe property or environmental damage for which Delicious is not responsible. [emph added]

Lawyers think of everything.
##

Over at the 21st Century Adventures of the Accordion Guy, Joey DeVilla has put up a series of very clever album cover collages from Neufmusic. This one is my favorite.



##

And I really do feel sorry for those relatives of Steve Jenne who get the honor of sorting through his effects after he has passed on.
Steve Jenne of Springfield, Ill, says: “Stored safely in a remote corner of my refrigerator’s freezer compartment is a half-eaten buffalo barbecue sandwich that will be 47 years old this coming September! I ‘salvaged’ it after then-Vice President Richard M. Nixon left it on his picnic table during a political stop in my hometown in 1960. I have no plans to discard this historical piece of memorabilia, so it will probably outlive me.”
From the “Fossils in the fridge” collection in the “Heloise” column for November 7, 2007.

No comments: