Sunday, January 29, 2006

Tagged: My 23rd post

I got tagged by Fallenmonk (before he headed off to the Georgia Aquarium). When this happens, you have to rummage around in your dusty blog archives and hope that your 23rd post was ferociously insightful. Or at least not a total toss-off.
1. Go into your archives.
2. Find your 23rd post.
3. Post the fifth sentence (or closest to it).
4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions.
5. Tag five other people to do the same thing.
Unless I miscounted (or cheated), my 23rd post was on Bill O'Reilly's Thoughtful Valentine's Day Gift Suggestions.
You know, a girl gets curious when a guy who just bought his way out of a sexual harassment lawsuit involving some hugely entertaining stories about loofahs, falafel, and vibrators mentions Valentine's Day gifts.
I can't tell you how proud I am that the excerpt includes a reference to vibrators. Guess I can cross off "ferociously insightful."

And now I'm tagging:

__Bartleby over at Bartleby's Four
__The Idiotarian Savant over at Smythe's World
__Sideshow Bob over at It All Comes Back to the Simpsons
__Amy Alkon of Advice Goddess. Because I know she's a really busy gal, I've taken the liberty of selecting a sentence from a July 2003 post by Amy (who does not look like Sandra Bernhard on a bad hair day)
Don't Hate Yourself Because You're Beautiful — Heather Havrilesky on self-esteem for gorgeous people: "Maybe you have the kind of ass that causes five-car pile-ups. That doesn't mean you have to get all down on yourself about it."
__Moshe, my erstwhile troll: You don't have to identify your blog. Just leave the fifth sentence of your 23rd post in an unmarked envelope in Comments.

No comments: