Friday, December 02, 2005

The X-mas Files: Suffer the snarky emailers unto Jack Cafferty

From CNN's Cafferty Files, email responses to Jack Cafferty's question of the day: Should Christmas trees be called something else.
Nathan, a student at Dartmouth College in New Hampshire: "I'm a staunch New Deal Democrat with Jewish, atheist and Buddhist friends. And I can't stand Dennis Hastert. I hope to become an Episcopal priest. And I will forever call it a Christmas tree. It embarrasses me that other people won't do the same. Nobody says holiday menorah or holiday fast. It's Hanukkah menorah and Ramadan fast."

Hal in Dallas, Texas: "I'm an agnostic. I don't go to church and I don't buy all that in intelligent creator crap. I have a Christmas tree in my living room -- repeat, a Christmas tree."

Curtis in Portland, Maine: "They shouldn't be called Christmas trees, because they have nothing to do with Christ. Do they even have fir trees where Christ was born? Maybe they should be called holiday trees. Maybe. Would Jesus line up outside a Wal-Mart the morning after Thanksgiving to buy the latest crap from China? Don't get me started on this, Jack."

Annie from San Rafael, California: "Freestanding seasonal decorative firs with optional lighting."

Sarah (ph) in Honolulu: "With the high price of heating oil this winter, how about we call them firewood?"

And Mark in Maryland: "If the White House wants to bolster their poll numbers, they will call it the Christmas Bush. And they could hang all the indictments like little ornaments."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya ##NAME##, just thought I'd say great post titled ##TITLE##. I'm looking for ##LINK## and I ended up here accidentally but I will make sure I return soon. Looking for in addition will keep me busy for a few hours.

Anonymous said...

Hiya ##NAME##, just thought I'd say great post titled ##TITLE##. I'm looking for ##LINK## and I ended up here accidentally but I will make sure I return soon. Looking for in addition will keep me busy for a few hours.

Anonymous said...

Hiya ##NAME##, just thought I'd say great post titled ##TITLE##. I'm looking for ##LINK## and I ended up here accidentally but I will make sure I return soon. Looking for in addition will keep me busy for a few hours.