Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Two delusions for the price of one

Ann Coulter -- who else? -- and Bill O'Reilly -- who else? -- share their most intimate delusions.
BILL O'REILLY: A little more than a year ago, Ann Coulter was on this broadcast and opined that the war in Iraq was going well. Does she still believe that?….

ANN COULTER: I think I was amazingly prescient a year ago when I said things were going well. I mean, since then we've had a free election in Iraq in which women voted, Shia, Sunni. They're working on a constitution. We had a free election in this country. In the last six months we've killed or captured about 50,000 insurgents.

And, you know, I heard last night's report but it's getting to be like background noise. I mean, I'm not a military expert. I don't know about the details on the ground. But I've been hearing that things are going worse since at least over a year ago. That cuts both ways. If things have been going worse, why isn't the elite Republican Guard massing outside Manhattan right now?
Well now, I think Coulter has come up with a metric that even Donald Rumsfeld would use.

Okay. So Coulter believes we've won Iraq. But O'Reilly is a competitive guy, so he's going to one up Coulter on the craz-o-meter.
O'REILLY: Because we're not in any danger of losing the war there. That's not the danger. We're not going to lose as long as we're there and as long as we were in South Vietnam we're not going to lose. That's the biggest myth in the world that the USA lost the war. We didn't lose the war.
But Coulter's not a very obliging guest. She won't play along.
COULTER: Yes, we kind of did. I think we did lose that one.
Poor Bill. At least we don't have to worry about the Vietcong massing outside Manhattan.

No comments: