Thursday, March 24, 2005

Jelly beans not included.

Dick Armey, writing for FreedomWorks, drops us a reminder note to pick up our Easter Recess Action Kits -- complete with "Take Back AARP" postcards calling for the resignation of the AARP's liberal leadership plus talking points on Social Security reform (useful for guiding the conversation during the Easter Feaster) and sample questions to ask legislators. The PRA Action Kits also include pro-personal account t-shirts, personal accounts lapel stickers, and sample town hall questions. Presumably, you'll need the last three items in order to have any chance of actually getting inside a town hall meeting.

I was really hoping for the traditional straw basket filled with chocolate goodies and jelly beans. Oh well.

Do visit the FreedomWorks site and check out the comments section. My favorite so far is this one:

Ron Maddox from Memphis, TX
2005-03-24 "Right at this moment I could give a Rat's Patoot about Social Security, The sure way of fixing it, to at age 70 just put all the people in rest rooms and "Starve them to death"like we the american people is allowing to happen to an innocent woman in florida. I am more concerned aboput getting judges out of power than whether I am going to have social security. I am 62 yeards old, and I choose to work, not go to Florida and play "SHUUUUUUFLE Board", while 3 young people is payng for my retirement. come on people get your priorities straight. If these liberal judges get their way, they will be no ine on Social Security, you will be dead."


For real? A goof? You know, I can't tell anymore. My reality radar was hit by a stray volt several years ago.

No comments: